Housing data reflects the Housing Market Characteristics, Affordable Housing Needs, and Housing Stock Characteristics. Currently, these data
are not on the Atlas, but
can be viewed at the Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse
developed and maintained by the Shimberg Center for Affordable Housing at the University of Florida. The data provided is at either the county
or municipality level.
This content has been moved to an Indicator page.
Go to the Indicator Page »
Regional and Local Profiles
Click on one of the following links to see the Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse regional and local profiles:
Data Access Tools
Click on the following link to see the Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse tools for Housing Supply Data, Demographics and Population, Disability and Household Characteristics, and Affordable Housing Inventories:
- 2010 Rental Market Study - Characteristics of households in need of affordable rental housing and the subsidized housing available in the state.
- Center for Housing Policy, The - Nonprofit research organization that studies housing issues and examines the impact of policies and programs related to housing.
- Creating Inclusive Communities in Florida, A Guidebook on Avoiding the Not In My Backyard Syndrome - A guidebook written for elected officials & their staff.
- Departamento de Vivienda y Desarrollo Urbano de EE.UU. - Agencia federal encargada de aumentar la propiedad de la vivienda, el apoyo al desarrollo de la comunidad y aumentar el acceso a una vivienda asequible sin discriminación.
- Escaping Poverty: Can Housing Vouchers Help? - This 2008 report examines the question of whether providing housing vouchers, instead of creating subsidized public housing, offers recipients a better quality of life and improved future prospects.
- Extended Measures of Well-Being: Living Conditions in the United States, 2011 - Covers five basic areas: appliances and electronic goods, housing conditions, neighborhood & community conditions, basic needs met and the expectation of help should there be a need.
- Florida Housing Coalition - Non-profit, statewide membership organization promoting quality affordable homes and a suitable living environment for all Floridians.
- Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse - The FHDC was founded in 2000 to provide public access to data on Florida's housing needs & supply, subsidized rental housing, & household demographics.
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation - Mission is to help Floridians obtain safe, decent housing that might not otherwise be available to them. Provides information & access for developers, homebuyers & renters, property managers & managers to housing resources.
- Florida Housing Search - Provides detailed information on affordable rental housing that has been financed by Florida Housing Finance Corporation &/or counties choosing to participate in the service.
- From Traditional to Reformed: Review of Land Use Regulations in Nation's 50 Largest Metro Areas - Reports on the results of a survey to local governments in the 50 largest metropolitan areas about land use regulations that affect housing.
- Hillsborough County Affordable Housing Services - Affordable Housing Services administers federal and state funding to develop effective affordable housing and community development strategies for the low and moderate income citizens of Hillsborough County.
- Hillsborough County First Time Home Buyer Program - Provides down payment assistance to first-time home buyers seeking to purchase a home in the unincorporated county.
- Housing + Transportation Affordability Index - Measures the affordability of housing by taking into account the cost of housing as quantified through transportation costs.
- Housing Profile Hillsborough County, FL - Includes data on population projections, housing market, affordable housing needs, & homeowners & renters demographics.
- Housing Profile Hillsborough-Unincorporated, FL - Includes data on population projections, housing market, affordable housing needs, & homeowners & renters demographics.
- HUD Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) - Administers federal law & establishes national policies that make sure all Americans have equal access to the housing of their choice.
- HUD-User - Policy Development & Research Information Service - Provides reliable & objective data & analysis to help inform policy decisions.
- Need for Affordable Housing: An Overview, Hillsborough County, Florida, The - PowerPoint presentation that looks at Hillsborough County household characteristics, define affordable housing & cost burden, examines affordable housing needs, looks at the impact on special populations.
- Need for Farmworker Housing in Florida, The - Estimates the number of farmworkers & farmworker households by Florida county based on wage data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Parcel Query System for Hillsborough County - Online tool that allows the public to research property ownership and geographical extents using an interactive map and search functions.
- Public Welfare Foundation - Pursues a strategy of "service, advocacy, & empowerment" for meeting basic human needs & promoting democratic participation for people around the globe.
- Shimberg Center for Housing Studies - Research center affiliated with the University of Florida which studies housing policy and planning, with a special focus on housing affordability for Florida residents.
- State of Florida's Housing 2007, The - Compendium of facts on Florida’s housing. Data highlight the diversity in housing characteristics across the state, particularly between the 39 urban counties & the 28 rural counties, & between coastal & non-coastal counties.
- State of Florida's Housing, 2010 - Data represented here highlights the tremendous diversity in housing characteristics across the state, particularly between the 35 urban counties & the 32 rural counties.
Submit a Suggestion for a Document or Link